TEAM SCHOSTAK FAMILY RESTAURANTS AND APPLEBEE’S LAUNCH SECOND ANNUAL SEARCH FOR MICHIGAN’S BEST TEACHERS IN HONOR OF TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants and its 64 Applebee’s restaurants have launched its second annual statewide search for Michigan’s best teachers in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, held this year from Monday, May 7 through Friday, May 11.
Celebrated annually during the first full week of May, Teacher Appreciation Week recognizes the hard work and positive impact teachers have on local students, families and communities. TSFR and its Applebee’s restaurants are seeking community members to nominate local teachers who have continually served as great role models and encouraged a positive learning environment. Five winners will each be awarded an “Applebee’s Teacher of the Year” certificate, an engraved award, a $500 Visa Gift Card and a VIP Teacher Appreciation Card good for 20% off their food at Applebee’s for a full year. All teachers within 10 miles of the school districts that TSFR and its Applebee’s operate are eligible to win. Those interested in nominating a teacher need to fill out a form, complete with the nominator’s name, the teacher’s name and school, contact information and 200 words or less explaining why the teacher should be selected as an Applebee’s Teacher of the Year. Nominators can access the form here: http://bit.ly/ApplebeesTeacher. Nominations will be accepted through May 11th, 2017.
Oftentimes, the hard work and dedication that teacher’s put into educating our students goes unnoticed, which is why we created our Applebee’s Teacher of the Year contest—to shine a light on these individuals and their commitment to ensuring their students have the tools and resources they need to succeed. Last year, we were overwhelmed by these unspoken heroes in our classrooms going above and beyond to not just teach what is required, but also what it means to be a great neighbor. This year, we are excited to see even more nominations and give back to those who are truly making a difference.
In addition to the Applebee’s Teacher of the Year Awards, TSFR will also be offering all school staff 30 percent off their meals at all of its Applebee’s locations throughout the week of May 7-11, as well as a VIP Teacher Appreciation Card good for 20% off their food at Applebee’s for a full year. To receive this special offer, teachers must show a valid proof of employment, including a school badge or a valid teacher’s license/certificate.
For more information on TSFR’s Teacher Appreciation Week campaign or a complete list of participating Applebee’s restaurants, please visit www.teamschostak.com.
Check out the video below from last year’s winners!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Applebee’s Teacher of the Year Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who enter through the form on the TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants’ website and who are 21 years old in the state of Michigan as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of Michigan and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Nominated teachers must be valid employees, or hold a valid certificate/license in teaching, in order to be eligible to win the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on May 1, 2018 and ending May 11, 2017. All online entries must be received by May 11, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
- How to Enter: TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants invites Michigan residents ages 21 in the state of Michigan and older to fill out the Contest entry form on our website, including 200 words or less explaining why the nominated teacher should be selected as one of Applebee’s five Teacher of the Year winners. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants.
- Prizes: Five (5) winners throughout the communities in which TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants operate throughout the state of Michigan, will receive one (1) engraved award, one (1) Applebee’s Teacher of the Year certificate, one (1) $500 Visa gift card, and (1) VIP Teacher Appreciation Card good for 20% off their food at Applebee’s for a full year. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants to use winners’ name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected by TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants. Each winner’s nominator will be notified via email or phone no later than May 18, 2017. TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winners of the prizes offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest you understand that TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants, anyone acting on behalf of TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants may select the recipient from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants. TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Michigan having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winner List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants 17800 Laurel Park Dr. North, Suite 200C, Livonia, MI 48152. Requests must be received no later than May 31, 2017.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants 17800 Laurel Park Dr. North, Suite 200C, Livonia, MI 48152