MOD Pizza Seeks Nominations for Incredible Kid Contest
In honor of Incredible Kid Day on March 21, TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants (TSFR) and its 13 franchised MOD Pizza restaurants are celebrating by giving a free pizza party from each of its locations to 13 local students’ classrooms.
A day dedicated to recognizing the incredible efforts and characteristics of children around the world, TSFR’s MOD Pizza restaurants are seeking parents, guardians, teachers or friends to nominate local students who have gone above and beyond to create a ripple effect for good in the communities MOD Pizza serves. The winning students, to be selected by the employees of each of TSFR’s 13 MOD Pizza locations, will receive a free pizza party for his/her entire classroom. Students in kindergarten through fifth grade who attend a school located in Livonia, Northville, Rochester Hills, Woodhaven, Brighton, Canton, Chesterfield, Troy, Kalamazoo, Southgate and Shelby Township are eligible to be entered to win the pizza giveaway.
Those interested in nominating a student simply need to fill out the form, complete with the nominator’s name, the student’s name and age, the nominee’s school, contact information, and 1500 characters or less explaining why the student should be selected as a MOD Pizza Incredible Kid. Each student in the winning classrooms will also receive a coupon for a free MOD-sized pizza. Nominations will be accepted now through Friday, April 12, 2019. Nominators can access the form and complete list of Terms and Conditions below. The grand prize pizza party winners will be selected and notified by Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
While we are committed to creating a ripple effect of good in the communities we serve, we are also committed to recognizing those that help to make a positive impact in the communities we serve—and our Incredible Kid contest does just that. Every year, we receive more and more inspiring nominations and positive responses to this contest, making the process of choosing winners harder, but solidifying that our ripple effect is working. We look forward to celebrating the incredible kids in our communities once again this year.
MOD Pizza offers individual artisan-style pizzas made on demand, using fresh-pressed dough and signature sauces. Customers can create their own pizzas and salads, using any combination of over 30 featured toppings, all for one incredible price. Customers can also choose from a menu of MOD classics. Pizzas are cooked in just minutes and salads are hand-tossed for each customer. The menu is rounded out with a MOD Pizza signature “No Name Cake”, handspun milkshakes, house-made lemonades and iced teas, and local craft beer and wine.
In late 2014, TSFR announced its plans to launch 25 MOD Pizza franchised locations in Michigan over the next five years. Since then, TSFR has opened its first 13 MOD Pizza locations Livonia, Northville, Rochester Hills, Woodhaven, Brighton, Canton and Chesterfield, Troy, Southgate, Kalamazoo and three in Shelby Township. An additional location is underway in Grand Rapids.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The MOD Pizza Incredible Kid Day Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who enter through the form on the TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants website and who are 21 years old as of the date of entry. The contest is only open to legal residents of Michigan and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Nominated children must be in grades kindergarten through fifth in order to be eligible to win the contest. Nominated children must be enrolled in a school within the following cities in Michigan: Livonia, Northville, Brighton, Chesterfield, Woodhaven, Troy, Southgate, Canton, Rochester Hills, Shelby Township or Kalamazoo. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on March 21, 2019 and ending April 12, 2019. All online entries must be received by April 12, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
- How to Enter: TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants invites Michigan residents ages 21 and older to fill out the contest entry form on our website, including 1500 characters or less explaining why the nominated student should be selected as MOD Pizza’s Incredible Kid. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants.
- Prizes: Thirteen (13) winners (one from each school district located in the cities where MOD Pizza has a restaurant), will receive one (1) pizza party for his/her classroom (must be used before the end of the 2019 school year). Parent and/or winning student must coordinate permission with the student’s teacher. TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants reserves the right to choose another winner should any winning student not obtain teacher permission to host the pizza party. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants to use winners’ name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected by the MOD Squad at each MOD Pizza restaurant. Each winners’ nominator will be notified via email or phone no later than April 16, 2019. TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winners of the prizes offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants, anyone acting on behalf of TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants may select the recipient from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants. TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Michigan having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- 12. Winner List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants 17800 Laurel Park Dr. North, Suite 200C, Livonia, MI 48152. Requests must be received no later than April 16, 2019.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants 17800 Laurel Park Dr. North, Suite 200C, Livonia, MI 48152